ALCOHOL AND DRUG AWARENESS ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
The need to prevent impaired persons from affecting safety in the workplace cannot be overstated. Recent changes in Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Legislation, together with better informed employers, has brought forth a realization that serious attention must be given to ensuring that employees arriving to the workplace are “fit-for-work”.
People do not want to work in an environment where they are or could be at risk due to another worker’s alcohol or drug abuse. While the employer has the primary responsibility of ensuring compliance with relevant OH&S Legislation, it is the duty of both the worker and the employer to comply with it.
This online Alcohol and Drug Awareness course emphasises the seriousness of being “fit-for-work” and identifies personal responsibilities as they relate to ensuring the health and safety of all workers.
ALCOHOL AND DRUG AWARENESS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- The prevalence of alcohol and drug related issues in the workplace today
- Legalities governing “fit-for-work” policies in the workplace
- Wise choices and compliance
- Alcohol and drug work standards
- Actions to take if a worker is suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Consequences for non-compliance
- Reasons why one might be asked to submit to drug and alcohol testing
ALCOHOL AND DRUG AWARENESS ONLINE COURSE DURATION:
Approximately 30 minutes
ALCOHOL AND DRUG AWARENESS ONLINE TEST:
Testing conducted throughout this online Alcohol and Drug Awareness course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
ALCOHOL AND DRUG AWARENESS ONLINE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.