DOG BITE PREVENTION ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
This course is for front-line employees and those who are often in field environments.
In this course, you’ll learn how to mitigate incidents with aggressive dogs and the context for how dogs came to be so intertwined in human civilization. You’ll also explore a variety of hazard controls and different behavioural techniques to reduce your risk of being attacked. During this course, you will gain an understanding of:
- Domestication and aggression
- How to recognize dangerous situations
- Hazards assessment and control implementation
- Administrative controls to prevent dog bites
DOG BITE PREVENTION ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Understanding domestication and aggression
- Recognizing dangerous situations
- Assessing hazards and implementing controls
- Implementing administrative controls to prevent dog bites
- Implementing PPE controls to prevent dog bites
- Encountering aggressive dogs
- Dog bite incident response
DOG BITE PREVENTION ONLINE COURSE DURATION
Approximately 40 minutes.
DOG BITE PREVENTION ONLINE ASSESSMENT
Testing conducted throughout this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
DOG BITE PREVENTION CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.