Aerial lifts provide construction workers the convenience and accessibility to perform work at elevated heights that other types of equipment are not capable of or designed to do. However, with convenience comes an increased risk of injuries or death due to falls, crushing, and electrocution.
This online Aerial Lifts for Construction course is designed to help workers stay safe and injury-free while using aerial lifts on the job.
After completing this course, users should gain an understanding of:
- The intent and use of aerial lifts
- The hazards associated with aerial lifts
- Training and re-training required for using aerial lifts
- Safe work practices including inspection, operation and maintenance
This online Aerial Lifts for Construction course covers the following topics:
- What is an aerial lift?
- Types of hazards associated with aerial lifts
- Training requirements for safe use
- Correctly performing inspections
- How to safely operate aerial lifts
- Performing required maintenance
Approximately 30 minutes
A mark of 80% must be achieved to pass this course. The course can be taken three times to achieve the pass mark.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, learners can download a certificate of completion that is also available to print.