ARC FLASH AWARENESS ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
This online Arc Flash Awareness course offers a well-rounded approach to the basics of electrical safety and helps increase understanding of the dangers of electricity from both a shock protection and an arc flash point of view.
ARC FLASH AWARENESS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- What is an arc flash?
- How does an arc flash happen?
- Factors that affect the severity of an arc flash
- Effects of an arc flash on a person
- Arc flash protection methods
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Labelling of electrical equipment
- Electrical approach boundaries
- Arc flash protection boundary
- Limited approach boundary
- Restricted approach boundary
- Prohibited approach boundary
- Hazard assessment and risk evaluation process
ARC FLASH AWARENESS ONLINE COURSE DURATION:
Approximately 75 minutes
ARC FLASH HAZARD AWARENESS ASSESSMENT:
Testing conducted in this online Arc Flash Awareness course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved on the first attempt. Supplemental materials necessary to complete this course can be accessed online.
ARC FLASH AWARENESS ONLINE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS (CEU):
This course qualifies for Continuing Education Credits from the Engineering Institute of Canada.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.