BEAR AWARENESS ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW:
Whenever you are hiking, hunting or enjoying recreational pursuits in the countryside, you might be in the middle of Bear Country. Relevant information is provided to establish awareness of your surroundings and develop avoidance techniques. Prepare yourself to understand what attracts bears and how to avoid and react to a confrontation.Reactions of both bears to you and humans to bears are of interest.
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
This program was designed for numerous individuals : Campers, employees in Bear Country such as seismic, surveyors, geophysical ,archaeologists, pipeline employees,, hikers and people living near bears will benefit from this vital information.
- Four Chapters are covered with a variety of topics:
- General Bear Characteristics – range, weight, behaviours
- Black bear and Grizzly bear species differences
- Various Activities in Bear Country
- Confrontations with bears – and reactions
LENGTH OF TIME:
Approximately 1.5 hours of viewing time
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.