The Driver Training Series is a collection of training programs which emphasize the essential skills necessary for staying safe on the road. This series is appropriate for all levels of drivers, from the entry-level to the veteran driver. Extreme Weather Driving is designed to help drivers understand the basic driving techniques that will help them safely operate a CMV when driving in extreme weather. Specifically, it covers the dangers associated with fog, rain, wind, snow, and ice and how to maintain control of a tractor-trailer when traction is reduced and visibility is limited due to weather conditions.
After completing this course, learners should have an understanding of:
- Common ways to prepare for driving in extreme weather conditions
- How different types of extreme weather affect vehicle operation
- Safe driving through fog, rain, wind, snow, and ice.
This online Extreme Weather Driving: Driver Training Series course covers the following topics:
- Extreme weather driving preparation and why it’s important
- Extreme weather driving conditions and forms of extreme weather
- When you should pull off the road
Approximately 20 minutes
A mark of 80% must be achieved to pass this course. The course can be taken three times to achieve the pass mark.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, learners can download a certificate of completion that is also available for printing.